1 lb chopped bacon (apple wood smoked)
Method: (makes 6 cups)
1. Brown onions till tender and add bacon, cook till well done but not crisp
2. Add remainder of ingredients except water.
3. Cook on medium high heat until liquid is nearly to the consistency of loose syrup.
4., Add half of the water and reduce till syrup is achieved again.
5. Repeat process with the remaining water.
6. Let cool and blend in food processor till a coarse consistency is achieved and not too smooth.
Christopher Thomas, Executive Chef