Great Catch. Great Wine.
Home Block Rosé & Grilled spot prawns
24 live large spot prawns (shell and head on)
½ lb unsalted butter
15g salted anchovy fillets-chopped
1 small bunch tarragon-picked
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of ½ lemon
1 garlic clove-minced
Salt & pepper
- Preheat your BBQ or start your coals to get your grill nice and hot.
- In a stand mixer or in a bowl with a whisk, add the butter, anchovies,garlic, lemon juice and zest with a pinch of salt and a good crack of pepper.
- Chop the tarragon and add to the butter.
- Turn on the mixer and whip the butter until it gets fluffy and pale in color. Taste and adjust as needed. Set aside at room temperature.
- In a bowl, season the prawns generously with salt and pepper. Toss together.
- Spread the prawns over the grill and cook for 2 minutes or so on each side.
- As soon as they come off the grill, lay on a serving platter or bowl and dollop on the butter and allow the butter to melt over the prawns.
- Eat immediately, peeling as you go. Serve with some warm crusty bread to dip into the juices and butter.